Yesterday was a bad day. My car epically failed it’s MOT. It’s failed each year since I bought the thing and Mini’s are not cheap. The other thing that pissed me off was that it was sunny. Like the first day of sunshine of the year and I don’t have the Mini to put the roof down. And finally, I broke a nail at the gym. This wouldn’t normally bother me but yesterday it did big time.
I was at the gym for three hours to blow off some steam. I managed to clean and press 70kg and then did double circuits. Today I feel sore, and as my colleague pointed out I look knackered. No really I look a mess and am seriously pushing the boundaries of smart casual. I’m wearing a tee and a denim shirt. (Dressed like a five year old boy.)
Currently I’m holding new starter induction at work and one of the newbies also eats paleo, so naturally we spent a good 30 minutes arguing with the new boys on how a diet of pasta is lazy.
Who’s still trying to recover from the bank holiday? I seriously need a holiday. Four days off wasn’t enough. Over the holidays another one of our friends arranged their wedding – I have 9 this year eek. I’ve created the singles club, we went out for drinks on Monday. Seriously only a few of my friends are now single the rest are all engaged or to be married. Members of the singles club include myself, Helen Macca, Thets and Nuda – tragic. Don’t get me wrong I date all time but people are boring. I rarely get the inclination to see someone again. Being selfish with my time also doesn’t help. So if a cute guy wants to make them self known i’ll be happy. Actually I’ll be more happy if someone wants to pay for my MOT – £1800 please.
Ginger and coconut panna cotta – I forgot to take a photo. See I’m rubbish at blogging
1 thumb sized piece of ginger sliced (about 30g)
4 tablespoons of agave
1/2 cup of water
3 1/2 cups of coconut milk (If your not strict paleo use 1/2 cup of double cream)
1 vanilla pod
1 tablespoon agave
1 sachet of gelatin or agar agar, arrowroot
1/2 cup of cold water
1. In a pan put all the ingredients for the ginger syrup in and gentle simmer for 25 mins until the slices soften.
2. Pulse the ginger to create a smoothish liquid.
3. I then drained this through some muslin to get rid of all the ginger strands. Set this aside.
4. In a bowl place the gelatin and cold water and dissolve, set this aside to set.
5. In a separate saucepan put the coconut milk, cream and agave over a medium heat. Try to bring to a gentle boil.
6. Remove from the heat and add your vanilla and gelatin. I also added the ginger syrup but I guess you could wait till the panna cotta is set and create another layer.
7. These will take about 5 hours to set in the fridge. Amazing!