I’ve had the longest day which has been riddled with meetings. I’m slowly starting to think my job is getting far to grown up and serious for my personality. Not sure what to do about this. Am thinking to spend next months wages on lottery tickets in order to retire at 27. Shit I’m old!
So this weekend I spent most of it training and finally braved 13.5. I hate chest to bar pull ups! I’m not going to lie i feel pretty lost without the crossfit games open now its over. So my latest fad is going to be trying to get loads of free shit by begging. Me and Harry (my PT) came up with this idea on Sunday over coffee. Basically I’m going to winge until someone buys me these:
We also agreed we’d be happy to send photos of ourselves, signed of course in exchanged for stuff. This might sound like we’re pimping ourselves out. What do you take us for we’re not bloody sickos! There are no sexual favors involved we’re just sick of having to buy our own shit. Harry’s car failed it’s MOT too so he’d like a new car. By the way I’m a size 6 and I’d really like my oly lifters to be personalised with JFDI CHARLE (just fucking do it).
I guess I should give you a recipe or something as this is a ‘food blog’. God today has been the worst!
Thai green curry
For the paste:
4 stalks of lemongrass chopped up
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of cold water
5 black peppercorns
3 kaffir lime leaves
2 green chillis
4 cloves of garlic
Handful of thai basil leaves
Half juice of a lime
3 chicken breasts diced
50g grass fed butter – I use kerrygold
1 can of coconut milk
1 red pepper cubed
3 thai aubergines diced
3 kaffir lime leaves
2 tablespoons of agave
1/2 juice of a lime
1. Add all the ingredients for the paste into a pot and using a hand blender make a fairly smooth paste.
2. In a wok melt the butter and fry of the paste for a few minutes until fragrant.
3. Add a few tablespoons of the coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes before adding the chicken.
4. Cook the chicken for a few minutes then add the pepper and aubergine and the rest of the coconut milk.
5. Simmer for 5 minutes.
6. Add the crushed kaffir lime leaves, lime juice and agave and simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Season and eat!