Alrite! long time no speak. Sorry for neglecting you, weeks have passed without me realising.
It’s my little sisters birthday today so a massive shout out to Fleur *AIRHORN* love this girl, she’s amazing. I’ve never know someone so young to be so headstrong… I have no clue where that comes from :). She’s going to be 17 today. I’m cooking her dinner. She’ll probably kill me, but I’m still going to upload a pic of her.
Last week I took a trip to whole foods. I was in Kensington so it would have been rude not to. I was proper excited, I’m easily excited over food and health food shops in the UK are fairly rare. And I hated it. That place is full of twats. And it’s expensive without any reason. Guess what whole foods… your salads SUCK ARSE. So I’ll show you what a real salad looks like in a bit. Really £9 for some spinach and seeds is a massive joke.
Apart from the whole foods fiasco I’m still in an amazing mood. It’s the sunshine I promise. My work colleagues think it’s for other reasons. It’s not. Oh, I bought a road bike at the weekend. Can’t wait for it to arrive. I’m getting my train on ready for my charity bike ride from Vietnam to Cambodia in November.
For those of you who don’t know me I’m cycling for an amazing charity Teens Unite. You can sponsor me here. Apart from Crossfit and circuit training I rarely do an other exercise. I hate running. Running sucks. And although I quite enjoy spinning I have been since November. Cycling is going to hurt. Seriously what’s the point in running more than 100m? It’s not functional. I might have to run to catch the bus or the tube, other than that, no point.
I have my iPod on shuffle atm. It’s seriously awful. I have dreadful taste in music. Sorry. I’m not really, I’m listening to Rick Astley… shame.
Broccoli, berry, almond and whole other heap of stuff salad – I’ll add a pic shortly
This makes at least four large servings
- 2.5 tablespoons of homemade mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of almonds
- Half punnet of blueberries
- Half bag of spinach
- 1 large broccoli
- 1/3 chorizo ring sliced
- 1 small sweet potato diced
- 1 chopped red onion
- Drizzle of coconut oil
Preheat the oven to 180′
1. Add the coconut oil, chorizo, sweet potato and onion to the oven for 30 mins
2. Add all the contents for the dressing in a bowl and stir
3. Put the broccoli florets on the boil for a few minutes. Keep these bad boys crunchy. Cool down with cold water
4. Add spinach, broccoli, blueberries and almonds to the dressing
5. Once the sweet potato is cooked leave to chill. Then this goes in with everything else
6. Stir and eat. Up yours whole foods.