Over a discussion of the words we dislike the most at work – this of course included moist – YUCK, a colleague said she had a made a key lime pie. I then wanted one! Like right away. So I went home like a good house wife and made one.
Apparently key lime pie needs more than two limes – who knew. I must be ill I’ve lost my mind. I actually feel rubbish, so rubbish I want to cry at my desk. I did it yesterday in front of my colleagues while on the phone to my mum. Not really. Well maybe a little bit on the inside. I’m such a wimp when it comes to being ill. Being ill and anything to do with blood. I’ll hit the deck. Not so tough now.
Being ill always happens before exciting plans. Like tomorrow I’m off to Bath with friends for a pre stag/hen party. LADS, LADS, LADS! I and three other friends (all girls) are my friend Ryan’s best man (women) for his wedding in September. Can you F’ing believe it. Can’t wait. We have a hot tub – pure shenanigans. I’m cooking for them all weekend and little do they know they’ll be eating paleo – I’ll tell them after.
I need a camera. My photos suck. Perhaps I should get instagram and give all my pics a lovely tinge of brown. My food ‘Lacks finesse’ as quoted by my housemate. It always taste so damn good but lacks finesse. I actually lack finesse in general. I should make more effort. From now on I will no longer top knot my hair, I’ll straighten it (I won’t it’s to long). I only make an effort at the weekends when it counts – Peacocking (NO.6). I will learn how to give my food more finesse and I will also teach my housemate some frigin manners ha.
So apologies for the crap pic – MUST TRY BETTER…
Key lime pie
- 150g cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons of organic dark coco powder
- 2 tablespoons of agave
- 1.5 cups of coconut
- 6 dates
- 1/4 cup of almonds
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Juice of five limes
- 3/4 can of chilled coconut milk – shake well
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon of agave
This makes a fairly large pie. It needs to be chilled for a few hours to set. I’m eating it as I type. Normally I cook, eat and forget to take a picture.
1. Preheat the oven to 180′
2. Add all the ingredients for the crust into a food processor and blend. Not too much. I like some crunch.
3. Pour into a pyrex (is this right?) a glass oven proof dish and bake for 15 mins
4. Let the crust cool down for god sake.
5. Whip the egg whites to soft peaks. Don’t be an idiot like me and try and whip them by hand. It takes ages…
6. In another bowl whip the coconut milk
7. Figure of 8 the whites in the coconut milk and add the lime juice and agave
8. When the crust is cool throw the topping on top funnily enough and chill – takes a few hours